Wake Forest Innovations invites you to experience first-hand our ‘collaborative innovation’ approach to health care product development. Join us for Open Thinking – our innovation showcase full of discovery, discussion and networking – at Wake Forest Innovation Quarter in downtown Winston-Salem, NC, on May 19th from 4 pm – 7 pm.
Preview some of the newest medical devices, diagnostics and therapeutics from Wake Forest School of Medicine and Wake Forest University during the showcase portion of the event, and vote for you favorite technology to win the 2016 People’s Choice award. Featured technologies include:
- A Solid-State Nanopore System for Quantifying DNA/RNA; Adam Hall, PhD
- Blood-based Diagnostic for Bioenergetic Capacity; Anthony Molina, PhD
- Bordetella Bronchiseptica Animal Vaccine; Rajendar Deora, PhD
- Incremental Syringe; Majid Mirzazadeh, MD
- KPC34; Timothy Pardee, MD, PhD, & Gregory Kucera, PhD
- Novel Methods and Compositions for Immune-PET Detection; Thaddeus Wadas, PhD
- Semi-conductor Fabrication; Oana Jurchescu, PhD, & Peter Diemer, PhD
- Synthetic Analogs of Ang 1-7; Ann Tallant, PhD, & Patricia Gallagher, PhD
This year’s Open Thinking keynote speaker will be Art Pappas, managing partner of Pappas Capital, a leading life science venture capital group located in Durham, NC. In addition to hearing from this seasoned investor, you’ll have the opportunity to attend expert-led breakout sessions:
- Intellectual Property: Principles of Protecting Intellectual Property
Jennifer Giordano-Coltart, PhD, & Charles Calkins, JD, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton
- Industry Partnering: The Industry-Academic Mix
Todd Lowther, PhD, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center; Jon Collins, PhD, GSK
- Start-Ups: What it Takes to Start a Start-up
Luke Burnett, PhD, & Jessica Beaver, PhD, KeraNetics
- Licensing: From Prototype to Product
Keith Walter, MD, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Download the pre-event program to read descriptions of each technology and view the full schedule of events.This event is sponsored by the international law firm Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton. Drinks and appetizers will be served.
Pre-registration is highly recommended. Event parking is available in the P7 parking lot accessible via 3rd Street. Download a map.